Small Town Girl in a Big Town World

For those who live in their heads and travel with their bodies.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Progress thus far

Hey Y'all!
(I am posting this on Thursday, but I'd wrote it on Tuesday, I just needed mi novio's camera bc he had pics I wanted to post (see below)... BUT there is more to come..!

So this "new" me!? Awesome. I have more energy, I am happier, but... one complaint.. I'm hungry!! First of all, YES, I am eating, and healthy! I'm cooking more and more frequently and taking as many tips from healthy-friends and of course Bodyrockers! I just feel like the diet thing needs some getting used to. I am sure my metabolism is up, but so is my boredom during my final week at work, so I'm trying to maintain these healthy eating habits as much as possible. Christmas is coming, and of course I knew taking a turn for the healthy-eating was going to be very difficult especially now, but so far so good. :) Determination is key!


As for my workouts I like doing a bunch of different things throughout the week. Spinning indoors, going for a nice 3-4k run, hot yoga and getting through my 100-work out are my most favourites right now!

So since I spoke with you last here's how my progress on becoming active has gotten:
Dec 6 - spinned for 1 hour (while watching Ohh la-la "Chocolat" *hear* Johnny Depp!! :)
Dec 7 - Hot yoga with my hunny, 1 hour
Dec 8 - Mediocre 100 Workout (See last post) with exercise modifications)
Dec 9 - Run! ~20 mins
Dec 10-11 - Relax days
Dec 12 - My first "Full" 100 -- but somehow I miss #80
Dec 13 - Walked the fields in the mud for 8 hours
14- 15 Very Busy .... Home very late... no excuses.. (I was tired... ... ... I know. . )
16th - Had amazing energy when I got home - went for 25min run (sprint 1/2 k) and did 20 situps/pushups/jump knees and 30 sec plank.. I think it was the tea I had at 4pm
17th - Had friends over and at a magnificent meal.. First time I ever made Risotto. MMmmm
18th - Hot yoga (holy crap -- soooo good, sweat ~1litre of water!)
19th - Last night, did another 100 work out (a full one!)

So if you read it, or not, you can see that I'm getting there. Even with a day-break or two I am still working out -- unlike how I thought! Mind over matter.

I ordered a Gymboss interval timer and when I get it I am going to start my HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) - My goal is 3-4 times a week - I've been watching (and mental-logging) the 12-workouts of Christmas with BodyRock.tv and I am hooked! Lisa-Marie is so inspiring and each time I watch I just crave to work out! Very awesome. One note: SHE MAKES THINGS LOOK REALLY EASY!!! I also started reading this girl's blog and I would love to try out her at-home work outs! She posted a great video that made me want to go snowboarding so bad! Unfortunately we're going to have a green Christmas I think :(!

Tonight I am going to ride my bike again while watching some sappy Christmas movie (likely, Love Actually (FAVE!) or The Holiday :) Key is, time goes by and the work out is awesome!


I just die when I watch this scene.. So sweet, yet so romantic :) (I'm a bit of a sap, I know ;) But who isn't at this time of year?


Do you have a favourite holiday movie?
What's your workout week look like?

Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment