Small Town Girl in a Big Town World

For those who live in their heads and travel with their bodies.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's been a while...

Wow, long time no see. I can't explain the neglect to the blog as of late but I can say I'm prepared to catch up.

I read a lot of blogs these days and they mainly have a theme or bigger idea behind them. This one my fave. Sabrina is so inspiring with her ecclectic workout/foodie self, and better yet, we're from the same neck of the woods! It really is amazingly awesome to see and watch what your friends are capable of. Inspiring me is on the top of that list!

So should I share a specific theme for this blog? I started it out in Costa Rica as a travel diary but since then its mostly a diary fix. I guess thats okay.

I've been slacking HARD on the workout regiment lately :(. Being sick and getting sick again are certainy some excuses! I had re-started Yoga which, while still difficult at times, is probably one of my most favourite ways to de-stress and come back to myself. Sometimes I do Hot-Yoga and it is just SUCH a great sweat. Towel-please!

I ran the Mississauga 10K back in May and am certainly planning to do it again this coming year. It was a lovely run, and training for it wasn't bad. My goal is to do a 1/2-marathon before I turn 27. Woah! I just typed that out and seriously, thats the first time I've said it! Well, here we go!

In terms of work -- I am working... that is to say my day job pays the bills, but its truly unfulfilling.. I am back at the tree farm and we're working now to move the business down the road. What I am so happy about is that I am currently working my way into the teaching profession and will hopefully be full time soon. I love teaching. I went to the STAO Conference this past Friday and found that it is just so nice how passionate people are about the profession, how many new ways of doing traditional things in the classroom... always learning we are, always growing - Not just as professionals but as people too.

On another note, I've been working hard to eat better and cook healthier meals. The biggest challenge so far has been eating a fulfilling breakfast! I am so used to eating maybe an english muffin, but this week I started preparing ahead of time. I've got smoothies in the fridge, individually portioned and some prepared hardboiled eggs for some quick morning protein. (all of this with my traditional english muffin. I don't know how mi novio does it, he makes the same breakfast every morning, its full of nutrition and energy and he gets up early enough to do all of that! He is something else, but he is pretty amazing too.

Even though I am eating better, I did mention that I've been sick. I had a kidney infection diagnosed a couple of weeks ago and the anti-biotics the doctor gave me were not only wrong, but they restricted my diet! I couldn't handle it! The restriction was "no dairy two hours before and after taking". AGH!! If you know me you know I love dairy.. especially ice cream later at night.. and youghurt in the morning... and milk in my cereal... and.. and.. the list goes on. I don't know if I could EVER be lactose-intolerant. Poor Pam. I truly feel for you!! You really don't know how much you love something until its gone! So now I'm on new anti-biotics because the other ones were incorrect for my diagnosis, but these are making me sick!! Headach, nausea, you name it. But I can eat dairy :)

I think thats a good update for now. I hope if you are reading this you are well and happy and as excited for Christmas as I am!

Until Later..
SmallTownGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment